fuel screw on bosch diesel pump
  • Help

Icon5 fuel screw on bosch diesel pump

Since having the pump serviced I have been 100 klm a tank worse off plus a a bit too much exhaust smoke through 1, 2 and 3 gears. So I want to wind the fuel screw out (engine warmed up first) on the pump and see what the results are. I am assuming out will reduce the fuel intake. I intend to back it off half a turn or to the point where it effect idle, which ever is first.

Advertisement

Just a little uncertian which is the fuel screw, I think it is the screw directly under the where the fuel line comes into the pump, seems logical, this is directly above where the power connection for the pump is. Confirmation requested on location and logic, thanks.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/im...x2LJzuJHO5ZGDX

Any movement of the fuel screw will affect the idle speed. Usually the adjustment is wire locked and is situated on the flywheel end of the pump above the cut out solenoid.

Winding the screw out is the way you want to go to "lean" the motor out.

Cheers
    Terry

Thanks Terry, yes the screw seems to be crimped, so I need to remove that first.

Any immediate fall in idle revs I assume can be fixed by adjusting the idle screw which sets the accelerator cable stop point, this is on the back of the pump, thanks Tom

Thread Information