Stand alone Common Rail HDI ECU
  • Help

Default Stand alone Common Rail HDI ECU

Anyone here know of an aftermarket engine management ECU to run a 308 Pug 2l. HDi engine out of the car? IE: A boat, plane, buggy, race car? Engine is DW10 BTED4.
    Even a manufacturer who may cover a Common Rail Diesel ECU for off road application, would do.
    I've found a few in UK, no go. One mob in Belgium, no email back. Skynam.
    A mob in China seems to be the best option though it would be great to find someone here in The Great Southern Land!
    Chip tuning in the car, is not an option for us. Le Car is missing!
    Even if any one could help with a person/firm to read and rewrite the Delphi DCM3.4 magic files, in the ecu, when it's out of the car, separate from all other VAN network pieces would help.
    Did I just type that? Gawd! This looks bad for me!
    Challenging at least!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by stew View Post
    Anyone here know of an aftermarket engine management ECU to run a 308 Pug 2l. HDi engine out of the car? IE: A boat, plane, buggy, race car? Engine is DW10 BTED4.
    Even a manufacturer who may cover a Common Rail Diesel ECU for off road application, would do.
    I've found a few in UK, no go. One mob in Belgium, no email back. Skynam.
    A mob in China seems to be the best option though it would be great to find someone here in The Great Southern Land!
    Chip tuning in the car, is not an option for us. Le Car is missing!
    Even if any one could help with a person/firm to read and rewrite the Delphi DCM3.4 magic files, in the ecu, when it's out of the car, separate from all other VAN network pieces would help.
    Did I just type that? Gawd! This looks bad for me!
    Challenging at least!
    Hi Stew,

There was fellow at Uni who was asking info about running a Peugeot diesel engine on a dyno. A similar problem to you. I thing he was in NSW and I'm not sure if it's was common rail.

You may like to do a search on AF but I have a feeling it may have been lost in the Great AF crash.

I'm hoping this post may jog another froggers memory.

cheers

Rob

Would it easier to use the original ecu and get some "propeller head" to re-programme to ignore the stuff you don't have?

Yes that is the job at hand! Interesting but we have been jumping hurdles because of essential bits and pieces missing . It seems the ECU Delphi is un crackable out of the car.

Afaik the only available options are horrendously expensive...but I would love to know if a suitable workaround exists too, I would love to transplant an HDi into a car it doesn't belong in!
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Maybe a lead here for you.....

http://www.peugeot-citroen-moteurs.f...omers/non-road

Cheers
    Terry

I don't know how you do it Terry but that is probably the answer I've been searching for a month for!
    I'll forward the page and we will see!

Thread Information