Thoughts and comments on turboing a Gti6
  • Help

Default Thoughts and comments on turboing a Gti6

Hi froggies, just wondering if anyone has done a turbo mod to their 306 Gti6. I know the Poms love doing this type of stuff. Personally i wouldn't butcher my current GTi6. But if i picked up another cheaply i might consider it. Also recommendations on where to do this in Melbourne would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Advertisement
    2000 306 GTi6 China Blue

1998 306 Style Dragoon Blue (Workhorse 220,000K's)

3-4 people who know much more than me explained that my Mi engine would have cost $15K to strengthen and rebuild for turbocharging. Then you have the cost of everything else. You would not want to spend even $10K on an old car unless you really wanted to keep it for a while. $15K on an early Mitsu Evo would still wipe it performance wise.

Oh yeah, big power of course means better everything else. put $20K in your account and let it fly. good fun though!
    S3 205 GTI x 4 and getting lower
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    3-4 people who know much more than me explained that my Mi engine would have cost $15K to strengthen and rebuild for turbocharging. Then you have the cost of everything else. You would not want to spend even $10K on an old car unless you really wanted to keep it for a while. $15K on an early Mitsu Evo would still wipe it performance wise.

Oh yeah, big power of course means better everything else. put $20K in your account and let it fly. good fun though!
    Yeah true. Thought about all those things. Something fun if you wanted to throw all that cash at. If i was to do it. I would not change the aesthetics of the car. It would look stock. Hmmm...might go buy a Focus RS. Sacrilege!
    2000 306 GTi6 China Blue

The first RS here apparently has a shocking (high) seat position, a ford interior and was 20K more than the new magane 250, which was better to drive anyway. plus the plastic body kit is tacky.
    S3 205 GTI x 4 and getting lower
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

Yes the interior looks typically Ford. Boring! The 306 has quite a high seating position. I'm 180cm tall, i don't think you would want to be much taller to drive a 306 comfortably. Especially the Gti with the heavier clutch than lower spec models. We used to have a Renault Fuego in the family. Damn that had a good seating position.
    2000 306 GTi6 China Blue

Thread Information