R8 vs R10 top a-arms.
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default R8 vs R10 top a-arms.

Hoping maybe someone has some info on the following.

from when i got my R8 the top of one front wheel was "in" more in comparison to the guard than the other side.

i just thought there was some chassis damage etc - didnt really think about it that much.

i could also tell that when i put the camber kit in one adjust was all the way out to get 2 odd degrees and the other half way.

After putting on some top a arms from an r10s now the wheels are the same at the top but with the camber kit on full neg camber i can only get 1 degree.

its as if there is two different top a-arm lengths - anyone come across this before, or am i just drinking too much?

thanks

BR

Advertisement
    BR

Building a race car is easy - building a race car that can be road registered is hard.

For any custom fabrication call Precision One Off Engineering - Sydney 02 4587 8666

1000+ Posts

nothing very helpful to say as I had thought that the dimensions were all the same.

One thought I had was one spring more sagged than the other or one bush more buggered. But then the asymmetry disappeared with the new arms, so springs can't be it. If you have new bushes with the 10S arms, then maybe that's a factor.

On another note, I'm after some R10S 4.5x15 rims (the ROH ones with the tubeless safety ridges) - do you have those?

cheers! Peter

Fellow Frogger!

Default Rims -

Hi,

Sorry, all i have in rims is:-

1) set of 5 13x5 steel rims
    2) set of 4 AMW 13x6 (they are either two or 3 piece rims).
    3) set of 4 standard rims.
    4) And now 2 spare 13 x 6 Mad'in 3 piece rims - mmm, its like renault parts breed....

thanks,

BR
    BR

Building a race car is easy - building a race car that can be road registered is hard.

For any custom fabrication call Precision One Off Engineering - Sydney 02 4587 8666

1000+ Posts

thanks anyway

Thread Information