Microsquirt (Megasquirt) ignition guru needed.
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Microsquirt (Megasquirt) ignition guru needed.

Hi legends,

I'm gearing up to tackle my upgraded EFI 2cv I converted.
    It was running fuel only on MS1 but with all the mods I have made I need it to run sequential ignition also.
    I think I have fallen for the Microsquirt, instead of upgrading the daughter card to the MS 3, because it is more rugged, smaller, can do everything I need...

My set up is supercharged, 652cc, 2cylinder engine, multi point injection with twin spark plugs (2 in each cylinder)

I need to know how to run 2 coil packs (wasted spark type setup), one for each cylinder.
    I know Microsquirt can do this but I read that the new V3 doesn't allow direct coil control;
    "Logic level ignition outputs only - coil drivers have been removed." Taken from DIYautoTune and Microsquirt website

Advertisement

I plan on running a 36-1 wheel at the crank and single tooth at the cam to give the ignition timing, Dual Spark

So, what coils should I run for my setup and how to drive them with Microsquirt.

Cheers!

Harley
    Last edited by Harley; 26th May 2012 at 10:29 PM.

306 N3 coil pack and a dual channel ignitor. Tridon TIM087.
    You'll need a connector from a 505 SR, STi, GTi module and that's it.
    Set the dwell to 3.5 ms and thats a start.
    Under 12 volt set to 10ms 13 volt 3.5ms, 14v. 3.5ms, 15 volt 3ms.
    Last edited by stew; 2nd June 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Look for some coils than had integrated the ignition module, so you dont need to make externally the coil drivers. I think its the best option.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the reply guys,

Stew, that Tridon website is a gem, lots of good stuff there.

Shadowpucci, Yes I am now realising that I should use the LS1 coils.

After much researching I am leaning towards upgrading to the MS3 daughter card instead of the Microsquirt...

Now I would like to find a way to setup up 4x Logic level (5V) outputs to run my ignition, can anyone point me in the right direction?

CHeers,

Harley

Aiee Karumba Man. Sounds too testicle for me. What will you be controlling with the MS?
    How much boost and compression will you run? The 2 channel igniter is easy to wire up so is setting the dwell but I guess a current limited coil is better.

Aiee Karumba Man. Sounds too testicle for me. What will you be controlling with the MS?
    How much boost and compression will you run? The 2 channel igniter is easy to wire up so is setting the dwell but I guess a current limited coil is better.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by stew View Post
    My Megasquirt project is HERE. My car thread is HERE:

It is a '74 Citroen 2cv, Visa 650cc engine, LN gearbox, twin spark conversion, amr 300 supercharger @ 7psi.

I would like to pay someone to modify my MS1 for upgrade to MS3 sequential fuel and ignition.
    I don't want to use the MS3x board.
    I need 4 logic level ignition outputs setup on my v3 board: Like THIS...

I have ordered a VR conditioner module for the second cam sensor input that will need to be mounted on the v3 proto area.
    I will run a 36-1 trigger dileed into the flywheel and a polled 50/50 cam sensor for the sequential timing.

Can anyone help or direct me to some one who can do this for me, i'm in Melbourne but am happy to post it out, i'm not much for soldering...

Cheers!

Harley

Try shouting Heeeelllppp!

Thread Information