Removing roof console?
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Removing roof console?

Any tricks to removing this as i want to take off the outside sunroof trim. The centre roof console just doesnt want to budge and very prone to breakage i'd say. Cant see any screws etc....doesnt slide off either.
    Any tips?

Advertisement
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

1000+ Posts

Come on peeps....someone must have an series 3 205 with the roof console above their heads !!
    jr20516v

Now:

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

I'm assuming here that the 205 S3 roof console is the same as the one in the 505 S2, 405, et cetera.

If so, there are screws in there. I can't remember exactly how many, or where, but if you remove the three way interior light, the map light, and the switch panels either side of the map light, it will become self explanatory. Each of these just pop in and out so just remove carefully so as not to break the little plastic lugs which are designed to have a little spring in them (not an actual spring, just some spring due to the shape of them). If memory serves, there are two screws behind the three way interior light, and one under each of the two switch panels.

Binky.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    I'm assuming here that the 205 S3 roof console is the same as the one in the 505 S2, 405, et cetera.

If so, there are screws in there. I can't remember exactly how many, or where, but if you remove the three way interior light, the map light, and the switch panels either side of the map light, it will become self explanatory. Each of these just pop in and out so just remove carefully so as not to break the little plastic lugs which are designed to have a little spring in them (not an actual spring, just some spring due to the shape of them). If memory serves, there are two screws behind the three way interior light, and one under each of the two switch panels.

Binky.

Yep, thanks for that Binky. I managed to get it off this afternoon. As it had never been removed everything was very stiff and with the feeble plastics i was sure to break something. All is good and the sunroof is now off for cleaning and maintenance :}
    jr20516v

Now:

Glad to be of assistance.

I just had a look at a spare unit I had kicking around today and realised that my memory of where the screws are was way off, but no doubt as you found, removing the lights and switches made it all quite obvious.

Re brittle plastics:

SHHHHHH!!!! Don't let the Top Gear Poms hear you say that! They're always ragging on French cars for cheap plastics.

Thread Information