206 GTi Tyre load rating (2001+)
  • Help

Default 206 GTi Tyre load rating (2001+)

What is missing from this tyre placard???

That's right - there is no load rating!! (The pressure rating is a bit poor, but technically it is there)

I searched AF with no success, so I rang up Peugeot and the answer is 83.

Advertisement

So the tyre you need for a 2001+ 206 GTi is a 205/45-R16 83W.

Just thought I'd post it on here in case anyone else ever needs it.

Now if I could only find the %#@#$@$ who put these crappy 205/50-R16 tyres on my car before I bought it... (Note for those considering it - the rear right will lightly rub on the wheel lining when the suspension is extended.)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by volumex View Post
    Now if I could only find the %#@#$@$ who put these crappy 205/50-R16 tyres on my car before I bought it... (Note for those considering it - the rear right will lightly rub on the wheel lining when the suspension is extended.)
    I was going to try to put 215/60R15s on my early model 206 GTi with 306 wheels so they'll sit 1cm further out as well. Just to clarify, are they rubbing on the metal wheel arch on the outside, or the inside ABS plastic arch?

Also, perhaps the load rating wasn't given since it's so low? Could you even find a 16" tyre with too low of a load rating?

They just rubbed a hole through the plastic liner.

The tyres I was looking at were 83 and 87 load rating, I just wanted to check it didn't need 87's. The only reason I am worried about it is that if I were ever to prang it and the tyres are not the correct size, load and speed rating then I would be concerned my insurance company would refuse cover.

Thread Information