head gasket change
  • Help

Default head gasket change

just wondering if anyone has changed a head gasket without droping the belt or removing all the timing covers and adjment etc?

i was planning to just line up the two 10mm dowel holes and zip tie the pulley to the belt and tie it up out of the way, then hold belt up lift head off with some help, service head, replace gasket and off you go?

i only want to get engine running so i can move car about and test drive car to see if its a keeper.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

it would be more hassle to do that and try reassemble it than to just remove the belt and put it back on. That will be why no one has tried. Its not very hard.
    Lets just say we have a few pugs about!

Quote Originally Posted by djvu205 View Post
    just wondering if anyone has changed a head gasket without droping the belt or removing all the timing covers and adjment etc?

i was planning to just line up the two 10mm dowel holes and zip tie the pulley to the belt and tie it up out of the way, then hold belt up lift head off with some help, service head, replace gasket and off you go?

i only want to get engine running so i can move car about and test drive car to see if its a keeper.
    Would a tin of chemiweld in the coolant suffice for a test?

Or is gasket too far gone?

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...04#Description

It's good stuff and seals up pretty major leaks with very few side effects in the radiator and cooling system.

Thread Information