PSA multiplex and deleting an autobox
  • Help

Default PSA multiplex and deleting an autobox

PSA multiplex and deleting an autobox

A hypothetical - removing the AL4 auto from a late Xsara and bolting in a manual. Two main questions - what gearbox to use, and can it done without bricking the electrics... No such think as an EW10 multiplex manual xsara is Oz - it's a PSA parts bin mix and match job.

My Xsara is a Pug 307/306 hybrid essentially. 307/206gti/407 EW10 engine in a 306 platform.

Am assuming I'd be wanting a 307 gearbox, but maybe a 206gti one would be better ratio wise. The Xsara runs 195/55-15 tyres, so need to think rolling diameter.

Advertisement

Do these boxes run the same gear linkage arrangements as older ones? Ie will it mate to the Xsara VTS gear linkages I'll be using?

Whats the track of a 307 I wonder? Need to think driveshaft sources...

But the real kicker is what happens to the engine ECU and the BSI module when I delete the auto and it's ECU...

Ponderings and semi useful contributions greatfully received

1000+ Posts

Default PSA multiplexing perplexing !

Hi,
    While not in any way sure I would imagine that the answer would be new software ! Perhaps you could get the software from a manual car and download it and then upload that to the ECU.
    If you had a copy of Lexia then you may be able to do this ?? Or the dealers(shock horror) may have the correct software!!

Fellow Frogger!

unplug the current auto box controller (you won't be able to drive the car obviously) and see when happens if you try to start it.

It probably won't go because it won't start unless it knows the auto is in park.
    Lets just say we have a few pugs about!

Fellow Frogger!

Part of it is easy............... Just run the engine with an aftermarket ECU. It's just an engine.

But the problem is..................the Peugeot ECU operates the rest of the car - lights, foghorns, door sensors, ashtray emptier, cup holder gyroscopic stabilisers, you know, everything. Megasquirt can't do that.

How to separate?

Tim

No point going aftermarket (it aint worth it economically).

Normally I would say its just a matter of finding the reverse light and starter inhibitor inputs, but....

Whos handy with a Lexia? Can you "turn off" that part of the system?

get a dealer with the citroen equivilant of PPS2000 (diag) to get into the BSI and change the configuration of the bsi, as to what gearbox is in the car. could also be stored in every other ecu, which would be a case of changing that config as well

+ whatever other things that eventually come to light, such as reverse and inhibitor switch connections as Haakon stated. im tempted to believe the inhibitor inputs are ignored by the car once its configured as a manual, epecially if its a car running a BSI and comms etc but dont quote me on it
    Last edited by Capago; 17th April 2011 at 12:08 AM.

Thread Information