XU10 down to XU9
  • Help

Default XU10 down to XU9

I have officially given up on those stupid 2 liter 405 mi16 enignes. So now Im putting the engine from old written off car in it! It's got 510,000 kms on it and didn't blow smoke didn't make any horrible noices. So its good!

Anyway I'm wondering if any has anyone has experience with the wiring looms? When i swap over the engines I'll leave the looms on the engines with ECU's. Will they plug into the car or will it need some help?

Also the late mi16 has a pull clutch whilst the early has a push. I will use the late gearbox and wondering if it should become push or pull? The push clutch is much easier to work on.

I Think the rest shouldn't be a problem But I would really like as much help on this as possible?

Another thought would the late mi16 inlet manifold bolt up to the early head? Then i could use the late wiring loom as well as individual coils!

Thanks Chris

Advertisement
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

You could do that, but it's not what a professional would do.

I've never heard so much rubbish. Fix the 2L engine properly. After all, they run the same rod bearings as a 1.9L and have better oil supply than a 1.9L!

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

The car already owes me alot more than it's worth all i want to do now is make it go as cheap as i can. And the 1.9's are a lot more fun.
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by cav91 View Post
    The car already owes me alot more than it's worth all i want to do now is make it go as cheap as i can. And the 1.9's are a lot more fun.
    Nothing wrong at all with the XU10.
    If you want it to be cheap just buy another car, they are basically being thrown out these days.
    Graham

Default So confused what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Nothing wrong at all with the XU10.
    If you want it to be cheap just buy another car, they are basically being thrown out these days.
    Graham
    So if the XU10's are good why has my car gone through two?
    The problem with buying another car is that mine is immaculate. Just a crap engine! And nobody offers us any nice driving cars at the wreckers!! LOL
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Fellow Frogger!

Default why stop there

I prefer the 1-9mi to the 2.0 but why not put a 406 v6 manual set up in it, that would liven it up. I dont think putting the 1,9 in would be simple because of the the wiring , its rather different. so put the v6 in with after market cpu.

Thread Information