205 GTi Driving Lamp Relay
  • Help

Default 205 GTi Driving Lamp Relay

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where the driving lamp relay is located? I cannot get my driving lamps to turn on and I think it is a faulty relay.

Advertisement

Cheers.
    Current: 406 Coupe, 504 Sedan

Previous: 306XSi, 205GTi, 206Gti, 505 V6, 505 Wagon, 504 Sedan, 504 Wagon, 306Gti6, 306XT, 205Si, Citroen XM, Citroen Xantia

I'm pretty sure its hidden away in a little black box near the passenger side bonnet hinge. This little black box houses the horn relay, high beam and I think fuel pump but don't hold me to the fuel pump.

When I bought mine, my high beam had the same problem. It turned out to be bad earths in the yellow connectors leading to the lower driving lights and bad (rusty) connections behind the main lights.

Good luck,
    Moo
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

As has been said its in the engine bay on the bulk head (passenger side) and they work only with your full beam on.

Thanks very much.

I haven't got the little black box near the LH hinge on my GTi. I've got one on my Si wreck though. The only box I could find (on my GTi) was the one pictured below. Do you know what these relays are for? It's an '87.

Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 205 GTi Driving Lamp Relay-gti-box.jpg  
    Current: 406 Coupe, 504 Sedan

Previous: 306XSi, 205GTi, 206Gti, 505 V6, 505 Wagon, 504 Sedan, 504 Wagon, 306Gti6, 306XT, 205Si, Citroen XM, Citroen Xantia

Hhmm me thinking those would be for the thermo fans and air con. Before hunting for the relay, check out the connections for the high beam behind the headlights. Use a bit of WD40 r RP7 to improve the connection.
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Thread Information