306Hdi engine light
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default 306Hdi engine light

sons car has engine light coming on occasionally ,oil and water are fine ,what can couse this light to come on ,i vagely remember reading something about the brake light switch ,needing replaceing but this dousnt compute, tried doing a search ,dousnt seem to be possible at the moment ,hope all that imfo hasnt been lost ,its a 2000 model is it possible to download fault codes like i do on the MI [ shorting a wire and watching codes come up on the dash board ]or do i need a special rig to do it .he he said it seems to be loosing boost or has a flat spot above 2000 ,suspect map sensor but visual inspection ,seems fine no crud or gunk on it any tests i can do ,all input appreciated PUGS

Advertisement

VIP Sponsor

I would suggest you have it hooked up to a diagnostic unit a do a memory read, this model is equipped with a Lamda Sensor, so it could be something in that area, but not necessarily so, and unfortunately cannot be diagnosed with earthing a wire like the series 1 405 motronics could.

1000+ Posts

Default codes

it had codes p1521 clutch sensor and p0221 throttle position 2 sensor circuit ,codes canceled no light showing so we will see what happens

Thread Information