Calling all auto electricians!!!
  • Help

Default Calling all auto electricians!!!

OK, so im wireing up my trailer plug again after the wires got riped out by me leaving the plug in after unhooking the boat yesterday and driving away.

so here is a picture, easyier to explain it by picture then words.........

Advertisement

can someone please label the numbered pins for me from that view??, (looking at the back of the car)

thanks
    Owen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling all auto electricians!!!-trailer-wiring.jpg  

Is this your own numbering system? If it is, then this is the official one

7 pin trailer plug
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Hey Owen...the pic shows smoke from the exhaust never.
    Nice pic too

If you ever are short of a crew mate, let me know. I'll even bring the sandwiches and x100
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

LOL, nah it doesnt give any smoke at all, just the engine is getting a bit tired, i was talking in another post that im gonna rebuild it but i have to put it off for a while, gotta save the $$$........

as for the numbering system, yes its my own numbering system, because you see, my electrical skills are about as good as my luck with women, absolutly hopeless.....lol

hmmm, that link is good, ill try to wire it up by the numbers, then ill test it on the trailer, ill soon find out if the trailers wired up properly too because i never used to have a right brake light on the trailer but the bulb is not blown....

as for the drawing, well i was suffering from a bad case of extreem boredom....and a simple picture of a trailer plug turned into....well......yeh......lol

for sure we'll have to orginise a trip on the water one day for all the
    boat-towing frogs.

Owen.

Icon7

Hi Owen,

This will make it clear to everyone.

From the federal department of transport

Standards Bulletin Vsb1

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/vsb_01_b.aspx

Section 10 deals with wiring.

It is now almost universal for lightweight trailers to use the 7 pin flat plug,
    I recommend you go with the masses and change over, then if you need to shift other trailers you won’t need an adapter

take special note of the numbering in the flat pins, they do not go 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.etc.

Ranger.
    "The defendant is no gentleman, but that is neither here nor there. We find for the defendant, much as we dislike him." A.P. Herbert

If you couldn't be bothered dealing with this job, consider getting an auto electrician to do it.I had a towbar wired up two weeks ago for $45, including parts.The dude used a flat plug, by the way
    Jo.

cool thanks for the useful links everyone...

i have wired it all up and it all works, and while i was at it i replaced the crappy boat trailer lights with some nice bright LED combination lights, like the ones you see on the back of semi trailers (what a coincidence, my dad works at a trailer company!!! )

now people will accually be able to see the lights in the bright sun, AND they all work when i turn them on!

AAAAAAAAAAND, i will remember to unhook the plug now, ive never forgoten with the box trailer, but this boat trailer has been nothing but trouble up until now, as far as lighting and electrics goes....lol

Just a neat trick I tried years ago after I ripped out several plugs I used the spare pin and a sonalert complete with cheap relay when I turned the ignition on with a trailer hooked up the sonalert wnt BEEEEEEP until I pressed a reset button to turn it of. Its worth the trouble if you are using a trailer often.

If you are intersted I can draw up the circuit for you let me know

Cheers
    Meggsy
    Current - 4007HDi
    Had - 407 HDI 406 SV 404, 504, 505 GR and STI. 405 GR ( carbie version) STI, MI16
    And an Austin 1800
    Learnt to drive in 203 Convertible and a 403 SW

Thread Information