Carbon based surface coating
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon4 Carbon based surface coating

As your all involved in performance enhancing work on engines you may
    be interested in the special surface coatings that can be used on specific engine parts. These coatings have the lowest possible coefficient of friction levels (the closest to PTFE) available.

They also have extremely high wear resistance. These coatings are used on NASCAR, DTM, Formula 1 and Formula 3 engines as a few examples.

Check out the following link.

http://www.bekaert.com/bac/Products/...ne%20Parts.htm

&

http://www.bekaert.com/bac/Products/...ne%20Parts.htm

If you are interested in using these coatings please drop me a line or call my mobile on 0417 384 029. I would be happy to discuss the process with you. We also have a motor engineer working with us who is a M.I.A.M.E.
    if you have specific technical questions.

At the moment these coatings will be done off shore (either in Europe or the USA), however we are in the process of bringing this technology to Australia. The benefits are huge.

Example: NASCAR engines used to be fully rebuilt after each race, after these coatings were introduced they now get two races per engine! The loads these engines are under this is a perfect example. The cost savings in time and parts is enormous.

Matthew Hall

Advertisement

Mattie, that sounds very interesting. Are any of the car manufacturers such as porsche, bmw etc looking at it or utilising it?
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Tadpole

Default Carbon Based Surface coatings,

Hi U-Turn,

Not so far in Australia. I believe Renault is using it as it was first used by Renault F1. Unfortunately, the companies using it have required Bekaert to sign secrecy agreements due to the competitive nature of the industry, especially when involved with the motor racing industry.

I believe that Porsche is looking at it if they havent already used it and I have asked the question regarding BMW and Mercedes and received a stoney silence.......take from that what you will.

We are having discussions with 3 major V8 Supercar teams, Ford Australia and Mahle Engine Components. These discussions are purely at the initial stages at this time and the interest level is high. These coatings are well proven.

With car companies like Mitsubishi offering 10 yr warranties on the powertrain this technology will come into its own. So by the end of 2006 I would imagine we would of made some serious inroads.

Cheers,
    Mattie

1000+ Posts

Mattie,

Sorry to jump straight into the deep end, but what is a ballpark figure for this type of treatment?
    Can you give any comparisons to similar products?
    i.e. 40% cheaper than xxx process...?

Thread Information