205 S3 Gear Linkage measurement or part #
  • Help

Default 205 S3 Gear Linkage measurement or part #

Hi Guys,

On the way home last night my car lost all gears but 3rd and 4th... I freaked as I had changed the gearbox oil on Saturday and of course assumed that the gears had spontaneously exploded or something similar

A quick call to the guys at P504 and they diagnosed it as a dropped gear linkage which proved correct when I got under the car and had a look.

Unfortunately I assumed that I could just order a gear link rod for a 205 GTi S3, but they now need to know the length of the rod and the width of the two sockets at the ends... Does anyone have this info handy?

I can measure when I get home tonight, but was hoping to get it back on the road asap.

Any help much appreciated as always.
    I have attached an image that I pinched from someone else's post to show the rod/socket in question.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 205 S3 Gear Linkage measurement or part #-whatpart205.jpg  

Just in case any one needs a reference at a later stage, the part number is 245452, and it is 126mm adjustable.

Looks like your car has been giving you a bit of grief lately Hopefully it gets sorted out reasonably quickly.
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by SamR
    Hopefully it gets sorted out reasonably quickly.
    Sames - thanks for the good wishes

I must say that with the new link rod in place it has a significant decrease in the amount of play in the gearshift, and combined with a gearbox oil change on saturday it pretty much feels good as new... for now.

The rod was only $25, so it's a cheap way to give a better feel to the gear change.

Thread Information