505 Transplant questions
  • Help

Default 505 Transplant questions

G'day Froggers,
    My series 1 505Gti had serious auto gearbox problems & has been undergoing a major transition to an XN motor and 5 speed. Most of the swap is done but we have hit a snag when trying to fit the power steering pump from the GTi to the Xn motor.
    The pump doesn't line up with the cranshaft pulley.

Advertisement

At present I only have a double crankshaft pulley, but this has to be replaced with a triple pulley as I want to reconnect the Air. Cond. as well as the power steering. (Anyone know where I can get one of these?)

Do the power steering pump mounting brackets need to be modified or can I use brackets off another model?

Any advice or suggestions much appreciated,

Cheers, Michael.

(P.S. Yes, the GTi motor is for sale)

4WDrift,
    Use the power steering pump brackets from an early 505SR. You could quite likely get a three row pulley from a wrecker (try Hayden at Pugwreck 03 9720 7521) or maybe someone has one sitting around somewhere?
    Best of luck.
    John505

Thanks John, I'll give them a try. Thanks also to Pugnut who suggested I make it clear that it's the pushrod engine that I need the pulley for.
    White 505Gti just about fitted with XN & 5 Speed.

"We have enslaved the rest of animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form."
    William Ralph Inge

Thread Information