407 Typre Pressure system - How does it work
  • Help

Default 407 Typre Pressure system - How does it work

I have a loaner car a nice new 407 got in it and the start up BIT ( Built In Test) came up saying I had a type with low pressure and sure enough it was correct even told me which wheel.....

The older TPI systems relied on a pressure sensor attached to the valve stem and connected to the rest of the car ... this is not there

Advertisement

any one know how it works ( PFM) Pure F####ing Magic is not the correct answer
    Meggsy
    Current - 4007HDi
    Had - 407 HDI 406 SV 404, 504, 505 GR and STI. 405 GR ( carbie version) STI, MI16
    And an Austin 1800
    Learnt to drive in 203 Convertible and a 403 SW

Its still a pressure sensor on each valve. The inertia of the wheel charges it and it send a high frequency signal too the ecu. Its a better system mainly becaise you dont have too programe where the sensors\wheels are on the car when you rotate the tyres,figures it out by itself. note-the spare on the 407 doesnt have a sensor fitted so the system logs a fault during the BIT.
    i speed up for round abouts,corners and chikanes

Sounds like you have to be pretty careful when you change tyres, as a lot of tyre shops just take out the old valves and throw them away, replacing them with new ones.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Thanks Guys but I have had a look at the spare and the valve stem is exactly the same as the other 4 wheels - still dont know how the transmitter in the valve stem gets its electrical power.

Thanks again
    Meggsy
    Current - 4007HDi
    Had - 407 HDI 406 SV 404, 504, 505 GR and STI. 405 GR ( carbie version) STI, MI16
    And an Austin 1800
    Learnt to drive in 203 Convertible and a 403 SW

Thread Information