405 handle (grrr)
  • Help

Default 405 handle (grrr)

Ok.. So thanks to the great bloody british weather for this one....!

Went out to my car at work.. clicked the fob to open the door, door seemed to be frozen.. i gave i little force on the handle.. and the dam thing snapped fully off in my hand!!

Dont know if it was on the way out, or if the cold has somehow made this brittle causing it to break.

Advertisement

Can anyone tell me if the actual handle part can be bought and replaced.. (looks like it maybe can to me)

Dont really fancy having to buy a new door just for the sake of the handle..

Merry Christmas by the way guys and gals....

Quote Originally Posted by 405mi16
    Ok.. So thanks to the great bloody british weather for this one....!

Went out to my car at work.. clicked the fob to open the door, door seemed to be frozen.. i gave i little force on the handle.. and the dam thing snapped fully off in my hand!!

Dont know if it was on the way out, or if the cold has somehow made this brittle causing it to break.

Can anyone tell me if the actual handle part can be bought and replaced.. (looks like it maybe can to me)

Dont really fancy having to buy a new door just for the sake of the handle..

Merry Christmas by the way guys and gals....
    It bolts on on the inside of the door from memory.
    You should be able to get one from a breaker - easy.

Ok thanks Roland...

Is it a simple case of just unbolting the handle and putting the new one in... I mean is it easy to remove a handle from a breakers yard.. and put onto my car. or is the door mechanism hard to attatch to the handle.

Quote Originally Posted by 405mi16
    Ok thanks Roland...

Is it a simple case of just unbolting the handle and putting the new one in... I mean is it easy to remove a handle from a breakers yard.. and put onto my car. or is the door mechanism hard to attatch to the handle.
    Just a few nuts and connections as far as I recall.

Thread Information