Hey fella's, who of you have had experience with ball bearing clutch thrusters?
Having just replaced the 03's pressure plate with 04 pressure plate to match 04 fly wheel, I choose, from a selection of 4 thrust bearings, to use the ball bearing model, which I had not seen before. Guess what? the little sucker makes a noise like a lion imitating a motor or vise versa. I had though about bearing lube, but there was no way to apply any useful amount of grease and it does not have the tiny oil bath thingo I have seen many of the other variety. so what are the likely outcomes here?
1. It will quieten down, no worries.
2. It will sieze and self distruct within 100 miles.
3. It will go for ever - 1 day, and start making a really bad noise two days before it seizes.
4. Magic Aussie Frogs remedy will solve problem in 3 minutes.
5. Pull it out straight away and go for big graphite block style.
6. Please add your useful tip here.
cheers ed ge