Coil packs
  • Help

Thread: Coil packs

Default Coil packs

I have two coilpacks, one Ford, one Bosch (off a 205Si). The Ford has three terminals, the Bosch has four. Why is that? Both are four cylinder.

Found this:

Advertisement

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/...e_Coilpack.jpg

Is this info correct? And if it is does that mean I don't need the 25uF external capacitor in this picture:

http://jtccc.co.uk/index18.gif
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 9th August 2013 at 03:08 PM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Probably the three terminal coil pack has one connection as "common" to both coils.

Saves a millicent in manufacture

South America, Argentina, That country that looks like hanging from the map... just about to fall...

the one with the extra wire has the power module inside (+, -, trigger 1, trigger 2) and only receives the order from ECU, but the current, the dwell, everything is controller by its internal module... and the other, the ECU commands it directly (+ common, -coil1, -coil2)

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    It is simply impractical to expect a petrol motor to get through too much water. That's why God invented diesels.

Thread Information