subaru brumby cheviot wheels on 504
  • Help

Default subaru brumby cheviot wheels on 504

hey just curious to see if anybody knows if these fit on the 504, i have not seen this type around, he said there off a 505, but i have not seen them, just looking for any tips befor i drive for 3 hours and pick them up/inspect,

i know the stud pattern is the same 4x140 but just curious if the centre hole will be fine and cause any issues with the 504 hubs, can any body offer advise?

Advertisement

i think they would look sweet on a 504 im thinking maybe a 50 or 60 profile tyre also

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

No idea. Have you considered GTi 15" rims? They look nice done in gun metal.
    subaru brumby cheviot wheels on 504-img_0582.jpg
    Peugeot 504 Intercooled T04 Turbo.

Fellow Frogger!

Cheesecutters mags!! Quite common on 504s years ago. If they came of a pug they should be right, certainly no problems with the centres. We run a lot of Aunger "classics" which are the same wheel but with spokes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jim

Cheers fellas, the 15" gti mags do look nice in that colour, but im difficult, so looking for something strange and rare
    the bloke said they were 13"x5.5 so now I'm worried them fouling the calipers/struts and giving it too much of a euro lowrider look haha a french lowrider - well i never. but you said they were on the 504s sges ago so might just get them my pug is not drivable yet so will be devo if they rub

VIP Sponsor

Very much doubt that they will fit if they are 13, also you would need to fit pretty high profile tyres to get a suitable tyre height.

Quote Originally Posted by leftcoast View Post
    Cheers fellas, the 15" gti mags do look nice in that colour, but im difficult, so looking for something strange and rare
    the bloke said they were 13"x5.5 so now I'm worried them fouling the calipers/struts and giving it too much of a euro lowrider look haha a french lowrider - well i never. but you said they were on the 504s sges ago so might just get them my pug is not drivable yet so will be devo if they rub

Fellow Frogger!

Pug ones were 14 x 6. 13 inch wouldn't clear the caliphers. 13inch wouldn't have been on a 505 so maybe the guy really doesn't know.

Ya thought so, not sure if he knows if they were on a pug or they are 13" how frustrating, they should be teaching kids how to read a tape measure in school, oh well if there still avail when my beast is running I migh take the drive

Fellow Frogger!

Get the nuts with them as the centres are quite thick and the standard nuts are unsuitable. I think those wheels were called Aunger Sonic. The ones which I have with the spokes are called Classic.Should be 14 x 6"". Neil

Fellow Frogger!

G'day mate,
    I've used those cheviot wheels on my 504 before. Mine are 14" x 6" and I use them for R tyres. They're decent enough wheels and they have a fair amount of offset - sit maybe 10-20mm further out than standard wheels. Definitely get the wheel nuts with these, and make sure they're 14" otherwise you may have a few problems.

Cheers,
    Andrew

South America, Argentina, That country that looks like hanging from the map... just about to fall...

The pattern of the holes is the same, but there is no clearance for the caliper (in fact, without caliper, I'm quite sure that touches the disc, or is too near it)

And also, the offset is different, some spacers will be needed.

Here in Argentina, we only have 14" wheels. All of the types.

Steel:

The Alloy "Gamma" type (sharing with 504, and on 505 since 84 to 92)

This one is very rare, seen in a few 505... (83-85, but few)

The Alloy "SRi" type (from 92 to 96)

Here in Argentina is an imitation of the 405 MI16 with 505 pattern...

This are not original:

"Spina"

"RA"

This is present on SPAIN, called "Stromberg"

We never got the 15" wheels, either the one that look as "SRi" or the ones like the turbo (this)

Regarding to this wheels, I can see that what is done is USING the 505 wheels on the subaru to gain heigh, and wider gague that with originals, to improve 4x4 skills.

Last edited by Molerpa; 9th August 2013 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    It is simply impractical to expect a petrol motor to get through too much water. That's why God invented diesels.

Oooooooo seeing all these different wheels is making me wet, haha

South America, Argentina, That country that looks like hanging from the map... just about to fall...

Same happens to me... I would give a kidney to get the set of turbo injection 15" rims...

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    It is simply impractical to expect a petrol motor to get through too much water. That's why God invented diesels.

Thread Information