Starter Motor Identification
  • Help

Default Starter Motor Identification

While measuring up to make a bellhousing to fit a 6 speed AZ6 behind the V6, I picked up the starter and was amazed by how big and heavey they are compared to modern reduction gear starter motors , so I went on a search of my shelf of startrers and found that I have one that fits like a glove and is half the weight and size oif the origional . It can be removed and refitted with the extractors still in place.
    However I dont know what it is from and I would like to get a spare.
    My starter shelf has a very a lot of very simalar starters to my newly found weight saver , they appear to be the same except for the position of the solinoid and bolt hole diameter .
    The clearer of them is the one I want to use . Can anybody tell me what they are from?
    Thank you in advance >
    Starter Motor Identification-uknown-starter-motors-001-2-.jpg
    Starter Motor Identification-uknown-starter-motors-001-1-.jpg

Advertisement
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Citroen DS23 EFi Safari
    Toyota Land Criuser V8 Super charged ( to tow the rally car )
    Rally with www.AMSAG.com.au

Tadpole

if you could post the mitsubishi number that is cast into it or the number off the decal that would make it easy. if not measure diametre & count the teeth on pinoin gear, direction of rotation cc or ccw, mounting flange diametre & bolt hole spacing ( a to b , b to c) . then could assist you maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by oilburnr View Post
    if you could post the mitsubishi number that is cast into it or the number off the decal that would make it easy. if not measure diametre & count the teeth on pinoin gear, direction of rotation cc or ccw, mounting flange diametre & bolt hole spacing ( a to b , b to c) . then could assist you maybe?

Problem sorted , went to my local ( 40 min drive ) wrecker, Reno Reck and had a look at his starter shelf , he has the model wrtten on all his starters .
    One starter is from 206 or C3 1.6L engines , the other is from 306 , 405 , etc 2L engines .
    the starter pinion is the same on both starters , and 604 , 505 , its is a 9 tooth with a diameter of 25mm.

The bolt spacing is the same on both types of starter.
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Citroen DS23 EFi Safari
    Toyota Land Criuser V8 Super charged ( to tow the rally car )
    Rally with www.AMSAG.com.au

Thread Information