Baker BM Hoses
  • Help

Thread: Baker BM Hoses

Default Baker BM Hoses

Im looking at buying the coolant hose kit from BBM, as well as an oil filler hose for my 205. Do many people have these and would they recommend them? Obviously the OEM hoses are hard to source (my Peugeot mechanic can't even find them). Is there another alternative to the Baker ones?
    Cheers

Advertisement

I've had the silicone Baker kit on my car for a couple of years now and it's still like new - I would definitely recommend it. They are easy to deal with in my experience too.
    205 gti-6

205 track car build in progress http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Fellow Frogger!

They'd better be good. I've already been waiting four weeks for the same coolant/oil sets and can't even get a date from them when they'll be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by 88lp View Post
    They'd better be good. I've already been waiting four weeks for the same coolant/oil sets and can't even get a date from them when they'll be posted.
    Wow, ok, I've only ever had great service from them. I've bought a few Baker bits and pieces over the last couple of years too...
    205 gti-6

205 track car build in progress http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Fellow Frogger!

Yep, my previous order for SAD hoses/stainless wing pipe was pretty fast and the quality top shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by 88lp View Post
    I probably should've ordered them 4 weeks ago then. That's a bloody long time for 50EUR shipping.
    Guess i'll put an order in over the weekend. Cheers for the replies

Fellow Frogger!

Typical that I'd open my mouth 24hrs too early. Received a very nice email from BakerBM overnight that explained the hold up. One of the hoses in the set had to be restocked in the particular colour I'd ordered which is fair enough. It's all systems go now and they're sending me free hose clips for the wait which is very generous.

Can't ask for more than that.

I have the silicone hoses on my BX, they fit correctly, can't comment on longevity.
    I believe Spoox may have some oil breathers. Though prices may be slightly inflated to baker bm.

Edit: Another thing to note is that the silicone hoses have a larger external diameter than the standard which can be an issue when clearances are already tight around moving parts.
    Last edited by frog; 14th May 2013 at 01:17 PM.

Hi from NZ. FYI there is a guy over here on the fast frogs website in NZ. His handle is cams16v. He has the NZ and Aus dealership for Baker BM products. He may be able to offer a better landed price on Baker BM products. He would in any case be worth speaking to. PM me if you want his details or check out fastfrogs.co.nz

Thanks mate I'll definitely look into it

Yes I do apologies, have been meaning to put a thread up and will do eventually.
    All Aussie frogs, are welcome to the same discount as Fastfrogs.
    Basically it is roughly 20% of the RRP, and the RRP is basically what it would cost landed in AUS or NZ
    Freight from NZ to AUS will be normal freight to help keep cost down as well.
    All parts will be available through www.faststock.co.nz as we are just listing now over the next week or so.
    Otherwise thread is here to look at new parts being developed
    Login

Any questions please let me know
    Regards Cam
    Last edited by cams16v; 21st September 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Wishi had of known this a few weeks ago!

Make that www.faststock.co.nz. Prices are in NZ but site doesn't look fully functional yet. I'm keen for a couple of parts.

Yes we are in the process of loading all of BakerBM stock and prices in NZD over the next couple of weeks.
    If you require parts and price now, let me know

Thread Information