Fitting XU7JP4 to 205.
  • Help
    VIP Sponsor

Default Fitting XU7JP4 to 205.

I imagine this would be similar to a GTi6 conversion.
    Does this engine fit on its original 306 mounts and will the high mounted PAS pump clear the bonnet?
    I'm thinking one of these (picked up the one advertised for $100) in an SI would make a great everyday car and I have been hanging on to a very clean Si with a blown head gasket, could be a good candidate.
    Graham

Advertisement

You've changed Graham. Old Graham would have removed the 16V head and fitted an 8V head. But yes, otherwise identical to XU10J4R/RS installation & pump clears but you should rotate the inlet pipe. Plenty of info on the 205 Forum.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

VIP Sponsor

Yes, got me there!
    However, I've still got the stroked XU7JP sitting there for the rally car and the XU9J2 is still going strong but thought this would make a nice smooth touring engine, somewhat detuned looking at the inlet ports.
    Hydraulic lifters I guess?
    When I finish with the J2 I'm thinking the flat top pistons would go very well in a DFZ, do you think there would be any advantage over the DKZ setup assuming the valves were multi angled? I'd like to keep my GTi with matching numbers.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    You've changed Graham. Old Graham would have removed the 16V head and fitted an 8V head. But yes, otherwise identical to XU10J4R/RS installation & pump clears but you should rotate the inlet pipe. Plenty of info on the 205 Forum.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information