Accelerator cable on 404
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    1000+ Posts Bad Bertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,612

    Default Accelerator cable on 404

    I got my 404 carby going but the cable is very short and ratty at the carby end and would like a new one. I rang Dapco and no luck. Has any one put an cable on a 404 from an other car? Any info appreciated.

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    I got my 404 carby going but the cable is very short and ratty at the carby end and would like a new one. I rang Dapco and no luck. Has any one put an cable on a 404 from an other car? Any info appreciated.
    I have a new one, still in bag, available.
    $15 plus postage.
    Graham

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts Bad Bertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    I have a new one, still in bag, available.
    $15 plus postage.
    Graham
    Done deal! Thank you. now what?

  4. #4
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    Done deal! Thank you. now what?
    PM sent

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts robmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne / Caulfield
    Posts
    19,485

    Default

    Bicycle hand brake cables are easy to adapt. Use the nylon peugeot outer if it's OK. Lock graphite is a great lubricant.

    GWs new cable is the best solution all things considered.

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts Bad Bertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Bicycle hand brake cables are easy to adapt. Use the nylon peugeot outer if it's OK. Lock graphite is a great lubricant.

    GWs new cable is the best solution all things considered.
    Thank you Rob, how are you ?

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts robmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne / Caulfield
    Posts
    19,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    Thank you Rob, how are you ?
    OK, still sitting up and taking up taking nourishment.

    Gotta say I'm getting very weary of blood tests and being bled. I'm turning into a pin cushion.

    Last bleeding the machine went into tilt mode, 500ml in 7 minutes!

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts Bad Bertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    OK, still sitting up and taking up taking nourishment.

    Gotta say I'm getting very weary of blood tests and being bled. I'm turning into a pin cushion.

    Last bleeding the machine went into tilt mode, 500ml in 7 minutes!
    Far out! . Hey, i have a friend who has a similar condition like yours and is still going 15 years after diagnose.Thinking of you. Bertie.

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts robmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne / Caulfield
    Posts
    19,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    Far out! . Hey, i have a friend who has a similar condition like yours and is still going 15 years after diagnose.Thinking of you. Bertie.
    That's very heartening, thanks Bertie.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •