Water leaking into passenger footwell Pug 205 series 3
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Water leaking into passenger footwell Pug 205 series 3

Hi All,

Over the last few humid days i noticed some some water dripping in the passenger footwell while it wasn't raining!

i can only assume that it is condensation from the AC.

Advertisement

My question is, does the 205 have a drip tray that collects condensation? if not where does the condensation normally go?

thanks,

AB.

Could be the heater matrix behind dash (just under your stereo) 20 minutes to change but if you go off haynes its a 2hr job lol

Oh and there is no driptray just a little pipe that goes out of the bulkhead down the back near the exhaust.

I would get under neath the dash have the aircon running and look for leaks...

Yeah, my money would be on a leaky heater core too (does it have a sweet smell?). It's not exactly a 20 minute job because of the annoying plastics that need to come out and the awkward position you have to work in and the limited access to various little screws, but it's doable and worth doing. If it's leaking in the passenger footwell, it might have soaked the radio too and it's only a matter of time before things start corroding.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Took me 20 minutes maybe closer to 15 but I dont wanna brag :-)

I have a spare perfect condition heater matrix here also if you do need it :-)

Tadpole

Thanks for the advice i'll stick my head under the dash on the weekend to see what is going on! though the water coming out was just clear water, if the heater matrix was leaking wouldn't it have coolant in it as i have just flushed and added coolant into the coolant system?

True. Then again, if you didn't manage to push the new coolant through the heater it might not.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Funny, I had exactly the same thing happen in my 405 last night, driving back from Canberra. I'm aware of the heater matrix issue that arrises in most? 405's, but this was cool to cold water, which didn't smell in the slightest of glycol.

I've put it down to A/C condensation.

Monsieur 405

Thread Information