'75 504 TI Bosch fuel pump
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default '75 504 TI Bosch fuel pump

Hi guys, I am new to this group so forgive me if I make a few editting errors.
    My existing fuel pump is presenting me with problems, it is getting old and losing pressure - this is not a fuel filter related probem it is fatigue. What I would like to do is to replace the bosch with an alternative fuel pump of a similar bar rating. I have an old spare (doesn't run so could rebuild if I can find parts) but thought the alternative of using a later model substitute the better option.
    thanks in anticpaition.
    phil

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by phillock View Post
    Hi guys, I am new to this group so forgive me if I make a few editting errors.
    My existing fuel pump is presenting me with problems, it is getting old and losing pressure - this is not a fuel filter related probem it is fatigue. What I would like to do is to replace the bosch with an alternative fuel pump of a similar bar rating. I have an old spare (doesn't run so could rebuild if I can find parts) but thought the alternative of using a later model substitute the better option.
    thanks in anticpaition.
    phil
    Here is the Bosch aftermarket replacement listing. It takes a while to load. Choose a pump that roughly meets the original pressure rating, ever if it's a bit higher the pressure regulator will take care of it. Almost any pump will have sufficient delivery flow.
    http://www.bosch.com.au/content/lang...l_pump_web.pdf

You will need to block off the pump line that returns the fuel to the tank. Bosch pumps are 2 port pump.

This is how a pump was replaced on Cit DS23
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...t=98364&page=2

The same pump may suit a 504TI ???

Best of luck.

Tadpole

thx - I have come across an old thread of pugrambo and graham wallis re substitute pumps. Info I have so far is 50l/hour and 1.2 bar (~18psi). Looking at Nissan and/or Volvo (k-tronic) but not sure what model I should be chasing. Main restriction is fuel pressure without using my old pump as the inline regulator.

Thread Information