Rear Beam Shafts (Peugeot & CitroŽn)
  • Help

Default Rear Beam Shafts (Peugeot & CitroŽn)

I'm seeking an overall list of which vehicles use the same renewable shafts in their rear beams.

Reason is, some suppliers list it for certain models but there's others I look at and think "Hang on, it uses the same bearing set. Why wouldn't it be the same?" - so this list might help quash uncertainties.

Advertisement

So:
    205, 306, Xsara are allegedly using the same shafts. I presume the ZX does as well.

405 uses same bearings as above, as does Berlingo/Partner. I have not seen a shaft part number for them.

What about the AX?

With the 309 I have seen it inferred that there is something different about the GTi version which dictates a different shaft. Through bore larger?

Tadpole

The 205, 309, 306, Xsara and Zx use the same bearings, seals, nuts/bolts and rearbeem trailingarms or shaft. The trailingarms are almost the same. As long as the stub axle are ok you can use whitch ever you like. There are at least 3 different stub axles out there. The latest 306, xsara and Zx have 2 different length 115mm and 125mm depends if the bearing spacer are the thin or tick one.
    The Partner, 405, Berling and Xsara Picasso are supposed to use the same beam and bearings.
    The AX, Saxo, 106 should all be useing the same rear setup.

Hope this was of any help.

Thank you very much; that is a good amount of useful information.

I have a few "projects" and did not want to dismantle the pieces then find I had collected the wrong spare parts.

Are you sure 405's use the same bearings? According to the parts book, external is 513148, internal is 513149. They certainly don't look like the 205/306 version.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

VIP Sponsor

I think he meant same as Partner, Berlingo and Picasso.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    Are you sure 405's use the same bearings? According to the parts book, external is 513148, internal is 513149. They certainly don't look like the 205/306 version.

Tadpole

The 405, Partner, Berlingo and Xsara Picasso uses the same bearings. They have the inner sealing on them the outer have a bearing and endcap/sealing. Since the shaft are a part of the main rear beam the bearings are mounted on the arm instead of the rear beam like it is on the 205,306 and so on. The 106, Saxo, AX have almost the same rear set up as the 405 except that the anto roll bare are placed inside the senter of rear beam like the 306.
    Hope i made it more clear now sorry for my not so good english. I`m norwegian and mostly use my english when i writing on forum like this

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post

So:
    205, 306, Xsara are allegedly using the same shafts. I presume the ZX does as well.

405 uses same bearings as above, as does Berlingo/Partner.
    This was the statement I found confusing.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

I was wrong - had misread a French aftermarket supplier's website.

Thread Information