honda carby
  • Help

Thread: honda carby

Default honda carby

I'm doing a job on a bog standard '91 honda civic.

Opened the bonnet and blow me down, there are two side draft carbies sitting on the donk.

Advertisement

I wonder how they would go as a retrofit on a fuego or similar vintage car.
    Could only be an improvement on what's there, and I've never driven an old honda that didn't go like a stink.

Jo

Next you'll discover the motors rotate the other way. What knocked me over on twin-cam Hondas, was the contra-rotating balance shaft pair; at first I thought they used a Rootes compressor to pump the oil (based on the shape of the casing, and its location).

those keihin carbies you're talking about are really nice, never go out of tune. A friend of my dad's bought one of those civics new and hasn't touched them until a few weeks ago at 220,000km. I reckon if you could get a set they'd be great on an older donk of similar size.

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    I'm doing a job on a bog standard '91 honda civic.

Opened the bonnet and blow me down, there are two side draft carbies sitting on the donk.

I wonder how they would go as a retrofit on a fuego or similar vintage car.
    Could only be an improvement on what's there, and I've never driven an old honda that didn't go like a stink.

Jo
    Actually if it's the car I think of, you could just take the whole engine out with carbies and everything and replace the Fug's if it is improvement without borders you're looking for. Even though that is only a 1.4l. Cammy engine though. But I thought they introduced FI from 89 onwards on that model (ED?). My son's was an 88 (december) build and have never seen another with carbies past that date. And true, I never even touched those carbies in 325kkm that car has done.

Not sure what addo is referring to, the engine was spinning clockwise as viewed from the cambelt end as most engines do.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Thread Information