Trying to build a budget performance motor, after i discovered the 1.9 mi16 i have is trash. Not sure if ive missed something.
- Buy a gti6 (RFS) motor from a wrecker
- Hone cylinder walls for longer stroke clearance at the top, new rings, shave piston crowns by 1mm
- Fit 88mm mi16 crank (in my posession)
- fit a 1.9 mi16 head, reco'd (i realise brings down comp slightly, dont have to go and buy new manifolds)
- new seals, bearings, belt, blah blah blah
Oh, was also going to get a 306 battery/ecu tray, so the wiring will be much tidier.
Once i get tired of that, i might rebuild it with the smaller crank and turbo the thing, then get forged internals and go from there, or just get a 306