206 going going...

kermit said:
An oldie but a goodie. A prime example of liftoff oversteer. Plan on doing that in your 180 Oscar?

thats the stupidest thing ive ever seen. I hope the driver was severely injured and did some jailtime. That stretch of road was nowhere near remote enough to pull of anything like that...if he had not gone into the cliffside he would have wiped out and probably killed the oncoming motorcycle couple. And i cant believe that theres an actual crowd cheering him on??! wtf?!?!

Looks like the Putty Rd to me :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

ESP?

damn, my 206 didn't even have ABS!

that's why it was safe ;)

Kermit:) My car dont have ESP, thought they get you out of trouble as they claimed in those catalog, brochure, car salesman:)

Chef said:
Kermit My car dont have ESP, thought they get you out of trouble as they claimed in those catalog, brochure, car salesman
You can't believe everything you read or hear.

If he knew what he was doing, and not stepped of the throttle or on the brake to harshly he may well have made the corner.

Kyle said:
If he knew what he was doing, and not stepped of the throttle or on the brake to harshly he may well have made the corner.

Being stupid and/or a s**t driver doesn't help. Agree with the other post that this behaviour is rank. Either learn how your car handles or drive well within it's limits.

Kyle said:

He wound on the opp lock but didn't look like he'd gotten back on the throttle until the car was well and truly past the point of no return..upon which he got back on the throttle and promptly drove into the cliff. I was watching a few old rally clips and you can see how well the pros can judge that point of no return which when they reach it they just go with the spin, and it's amazing how quickly they stop (generally without the aid of a solid object like a cliff).

U Turn said:
He wound on the opp lock but didn't look like he'd gotten back on the throttle until the car was well and truly past the point of no return..upon which he got back on the throttle and promptly drove into the cliff. I was watching a few old rally clips and you can see how well the pros can judge that point of no return which when they reach it they just go with the spin, and it's amazing how quickly they stop (generally without the aid of a solid object like a cliff).

It's true, and with a bit of practise it's pretty easy to control on tar, if you know what youre doing, and know how to respond if it get's a little more loose than you expected... :)

Seasully, Youv'e never given it a bit of stick through a corner on the open road ever hey :wink2:

True, he didnt pick a good place...

Kyle said:
Seasully, Youv'e never given it a bit of stick through a corner on the open road ever hey :wink2:

Sure, I've given my cars some stick through some twisty bits, but not like that. Seems like whomever was driving was particularly bad at it and didn't take into consideration that it's a busy road with plenty of pedestrians e.t.c. That's why I say this particular dickhead is infact, a dickhead! :crazy:

I'm sure that all of us would be much more sound of mind when it comes to giving our respective vehicles a bit of a squirt! :drivin: