It was overheating when I bought it but now can't truly figure out why.
Head looks clean. Gasket didn't look busted either and it didn't look compromised. No oil in water and no water in oil. There was a new water pump installed. There thermostat seemed alright (and when placed in boiling water, did open a fraction). Oh well, doesn't matter now. Off to the reconditioners for a quote.
There was about three brief stalling points in the take down. One: I didn't see the sump bolts recessed in the AC compressor mounts and almost banged them out (lucky those two bolts held up for a couple of big whacks). Two: Getting the gearbox to come free (I didn't take out the clutch pin/nylon bush), and Three: sitting the bastard on it's side from the crane.