After a 3 year absence I am trying to join Frans in this season's fun and games.
At the end of the 2014 season my race engine-here sugested new valves and springs. So the head got a set of new bigger vales and new valve springs and valve guides to stop the smoking habit. The old motor, as last raced in 2014 is put back into service
While Frans used his ingenuity for a bias brake adjuster I went the "easy" way and bought a set of Wilwood pedals. It is still debatable which pedal box is the easiest to install, hanging or floor mount. Well I went for the hanging arrangement, cannot remember why. Got it in and working, the brakes it is. The clutch, well that is a different story as we went from a cable to a hydraulic setup.
I got a pull slave cylinder from another good mate, cut the clutch rod just before the cable start and cut thread on it. Now I could join the cable to the slave. The only way I could get the clutch to release was to adjust the trust bearing hard up on the pressure plate. There is a race to run dammit! (last race 2014) We will sort the cooked bearing later.
LATER: Found these two mounting points on the side of the gearbox,as luck will have it on the correct side of the box. Drilled and taped them then made a mechanical link to increase the stroke of the slave, On the photo the slave cylinder rod end is close to the cable mount. Had to adjust it to the 3rd hole to get a working clutch, a tad hard but it works with play on the fork.
Also a photo of Reno in sickbay.
While I was away they changed the rules and I don't think my old homemade fuel tank would make the grade, the new improved version keeps the brake tower company. Enough for now I'll bore you with the rest later.