Koleos 2012 Electric Brake and Service spanner on. Need Help First time Koleos Drive
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Simon
  • 1 Post By robmac

Thread: Koleos 2012 Electric Brake and Service spanner on. Need Help First time Koleos Drive

Tadpole

Default Koleos 2012 Electric Brake and Service spanner on. Need Help First time Koleos Drive

Hi this morning just got in the car and when I stepped on the brake pedals, the orange spanner lights up. I started the car it was ok but the electric brake does not want to disengage. I could put it to any gear at all. Then my wife says brakes lights not working as well. i tried look at the fuse box inside but it looks ok. Is there any other fuse under the bonnet that is connected to this problem? Any help much appreciated

Advertisement

I've no idea, it's too modern for me. But the car should still be covered by the Renault 5 year unlimited warranty and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, so try calling 1800 009 008.

Just another random thought, read the handbook. As it will likely have a methodology in there to release the handbrake and/or select a gear if the (usually) brake pedal operated inhibitor/brake light switch fails. This sounds like it may be the problem, especially if the brake lights don't operate.
    Last edited by Simon; 3rd December 2016 at 08:56 PM.
    Sunroof likes this.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Tadpole

thanks will check manual now.

Fellow Frogger!

In the workshop manual it states:
    "Manual release is possible if column is unlocked and brake pedal is pressed".
    I assume by "column is unlocked" it refers to the steering column, which is unlocked by inserting the key into the slot and pushing the starter button, whereupon the column unlocks and the dash comes alive.
    To release the automatic handbrake you use the manual switch, namely that flat black plastic toggle marked with a "P", (for Park) located near the gear lever.
    Perhaps this is worth a try. Good luck.

You can manually release the handbrake by locating the actuator under the boot floor and using the tyre lever to pull the manual release cord.
    I don't recommend doing this unless it's to get the car to the mechanic, because it may leave the brake inoperative. I'm sure I don't have to explain why that would be a bad thing.

1000+ Posts

Hate these stupid electric brakes. It's on our Megane and on daughters Golf. It's a useless complication! Also stops handbrake turns
    Wasn't a mechanical brake leaver supposed to be used as an emergency brake (in case of hydraulic brake failure?)
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

I'm just wondering why you bother f**king with it.

The car is under warranty and has Roadside assist.

The no brainer choice is to make it the manufacturer's problem.

It's only needs one phone call to start the process.
    85Fuego likes this.

Thread Information