• Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DJ 750
  • 1 Post By JohnW

Thread: The Incredible Collection

Fellow Frogger!

Default The Incredible Collection

Hi,

I have attached links to the incredible collection of Gérard Gombert in France.

Advertisement

https://goo.gl/pAo8PR

The results of the Auction are here.

https://newsdanciennes.com/2016/11/11/resultats-fous-collection-la-gombe/

Regards

David
    jbain88 likes this.

Wow.

I would have sold everything a long time ago to restore and keep the Miura.

Looks like there was some leftovers from a Panhard (perhaps a 24CT?) in there as well.

I couldn't believe the price for the 12G. 13000 Euro in that state makes the ones sold around here look like small potatoes. Perhaps an omen of things to come.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 15th November 2016 at 03:10 AM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

The Incredible Collection-16ts-moss.jpgGood grief. Good they are sold on, hopefully for some level of restoration.

We have a similar wooded area south of Perth, perhaps not with such a distinguished line-up but thoroughly depressing all the same. Why do people collect for destruction???? I have no answer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Incredible Collection-ds-wreck.jpg  
    lozenge likes this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

Citroën CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

1000+ Posts

A while ago I reported the sad tale of some nutter in the south of France (as I recall) with such a collection strewn through a wood. As told by my source, Autocar, it seemed that, upon his death, all were to be bulldozed into the ground. It sure looks the the same collection (Muira, A110s . . . ).

If the same collection, then either the contents of his will were misunderstood, or it was overturned, or . . . Anyway, nice to see them going to better homes.

If any French speakers can precis the video commentary, that would be good.

cheers! Peter

1000+ Posts

A while ago I reported the sad tale of some nutter in the south of France (as I recall) with such a collection strewn through a wood. As told by my source, Autocar, it seemed that, upon his death, all were to be bulldozed into the ground. It sure looks the the same collection (Muira, A110s . . . ).

If the same collection, then either the contents of his will were misunderstood, or it was overturned, or . . . Anyway, nice to see them going to better homes.

If any French speakers can precis the video commentary, that would be good.

cheers! Peter

I did't have any sound with the video. The other link took a few attempts to open as well. There's a few videos on youtube that might help.

PS. Just managed to get the sound to work, seems like some of the cars have history, such as the 24 hours Lemans Alpine racer, which seems to be the one actually driven in the race (perhaps the reason it was walled in), the Dauphine Gordini, and who knows what else.

I just saw this time around there is a little Ferrari in one of the sheds, looks like a GTO California? That should be worth a lot of money if that's what it is.

Oh, and the Miura seems like it was only half of it. Back half. The important half. Well, good enough as a start.

The guy himself was not a nutter (or not in his youth). He was a motorcycle racer/tuner?, it seems.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 15th November 2016 at 01:50 AM.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

And here's the Ferrari sold:

Ferrari 250 California record headlines $28.5M Baillon barnfind collection - Autoblog

Not sure though it was on the Gombert property, but then, why is it flashed in the video?

Seems there was a rare Maser and a Merc that made big money lurking about as well.

PS. After watching the video a few times, it seems the car I thought was a Panhard is in fact a cabrio Pug.

Well, it seems the opening shots are part of a brief reference to the Baillou find sold off in 2015, see that video here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/05/i...r-18m-w-video/

My mistake.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 15th November 2016 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Wow.

I couldn't believe the price for the 12G. 13000 Euro in that state makes the ones sold around here look like small potatoes. Perhaps an omen of things to come.
    If it's the original matching chassis and engine numbers then maybe it's worth the money.
    You can make a R12G replica that looks identical to a factory R12G but you can't replicate the chassis numbers.
    Body panels and pretty much everything else can be replaced (at a cost) but identification cannot.

Cheers
    Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Yeah, but what is that worth?

I think it's the car itself being valuable rather than the matching numbers of nothing.

I know people with 12G matching numbers id plates off scrapped cars, but they won't get 13k Euro for those.

It's not just the plates but you'd need the spring tower with the punched chassis number too.
    I wouldn't pay 13K Euro for some ID plates either but there are many people on the planet with vastly more money that I've got and have just got to find something to spend it on. But like anything, something is worth whatever the buyer is prepared to pay.
    If someone paid EUR13K than that's what it's worth.
    Tomorrow, they might struggle to sell the same thing for 2K or might get 20K.
    But there might be a lot more on the car that can be salvaged but it sure looked pretty rough in video.

Cheers
    Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Banned

what a pity so many really classic cars were pointlessly destroyed.
    you couldnt really call it a 'collection. more like a dump operated by a someone rather mentally unhinged.

Yeah, that collection is a bit mundane much as I like that Miura half and the Frenchies.

Have a look at the Baillou collection, that'll raise the hairs on your neck.

Thread Information