bloody ticking sound
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

bloody ticking sound

My 306's indicator doesn't stop ticking! well the actual blinking stops after the indicator lever returns to the neutral position but the ticking sound still continues. It actually speeds up, ticks faster! I haven't read about this problem before but has anyone else? I haven't had a chance to pull apart the plastic around the steering column to check if anything looks out of place. Any advice is appreciated

Advertisement

Our 405 does this, usually at night, ie. with lights on. Whenever I go to investigate, it never plays up so I've learnt to live with it.
    It does seem to be the blinker relay under the steering column....
    Would like to know how to fix this as well!

have come across this on several 306's ,faulty indicator switch which is a sealed unit.fit new switch .
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pugsly:
    My 306's indicator doesn't stop ticking! well the actual blinking stops after the indicator lever returns to the neutral position but the ticking sound still continues. It actually speeds up, ticks faster! I haven't read about this problem before but has anyone else? I haven't had a chance to pull apart the plastic around the steering column to check if anything looks out of place. Any advice is appreciated

Fellow Frogger!
    Mine will click "double time" when I dont fully click the indicator on when changing lanes etc, but when fully locked in to indicator mode, it behaves normally.

Go figure.....

Tadpole
    This problem is caused by the indicator switch itself. If you open the switch you will find some springs and some contacts. Clean the contacts and the problem will stop, if not replace the switch. We do about 10 a month of these.

Ryan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pugsly:

Thread Information