Electric Windows in 205 GTi
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Electric Windows in 205 GTi

G'day All,

I have a small issue with the drivers side window being a little loose in its runners. It looks like (from the small amount I can see) its all in the runners ok, but I can actually grasp the glass and move it up and down and when the window gets wound down, it catches the top rubber briefly and lets go all of a sudden. I cant see if the glass is secure in its carriage at the bottom. Can anyone suggest how I can fix this, and how hard it would be to convert the mechanism to a winder-up jobby like in the Si 205?

Ta

Advertisement

Chipper

jr

just forward of your armrest is a small round plastic cover, behind it is your 'emercency' backup window winder, simply buy the correct handle and presto!! cheers

------------------

Fellow Frogger!
    Cheers jr.

Sound just to easy

Anyone know how I can check to see if the glass is secure in its cradle?

Chipper

I remember having a problem with the drivers side door on my 205. If the window was wound down part way & I slammed the door shut, it would jump out of it's rails.
    I think I bent the guides in a bit (towards each other) so the window ran even to fix this.

Fellow Frogger!
    Thanks GibGib.

This is more a "rattle" within the guides for want of a better description. The window doesnt say move side to side and want to jump out of the track, it stays stuck for a second on the rubber at the top of the door, and lets go all of a sudden, so has an inch or so of freefall. It also has freeplay in the sense that it moves within the width of the guide (is this making sense?), sort of as if there was no rubber or weather strip at the waistline of the door. Its basically just loose

How can I check where its loose as I cant see squat inside the door for where to tighten as the holes to peer through are all in the wrong spot. Going drastic, how do I pull the entire window out of the door frame?

Any help appreciated as this is starting to s#!t me off.....

Chipper

Thread Information