McLeans Bridge Car Show
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

McLeans Bridge Car Show

G'day all,

Who knows about the McLeans Bridge (Brisbane)car show (or wants to) and who is going this year?

Its on Mothers Day (13 May) and is one of the largest gatherings of fine cars in the Southern Hemisphere.

I have been 4 times now (free) and the car park is half the show

Advertisement

Chipper

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chipper:
    [B]G'day all,

Who knows about the McLeans Bridge (Brisbane)car show (or wants to) and who is going this year?

Its on Mothers Day (13 May) and is one of the largest gatherings of fine cars in the Southern Hemisphere.

Whereabouts is it, how do you get there & who organises it??

I've got about a 4 hour deive to get to the big smoke so I'm not keen on getting lost once I get there.
    Is it for good standard cars, nodifieds or sporty types. (Need to know which one to take.)

Alan S

Alan S

If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Fellow Frogger!
    Hey Alan,

Its at McLeans Bridge on Beaudesert Road south of Browns Plains/Calamvale and usually starts pretty early (mid morn).

It has all types of cars, but normally restored and rare jobbies. A lot of car clubs usually go down (only about 5 pugs last time )and you get to see some awesome machines.

Last time they had Lambo's, an F40, a De Temaso Pantera, a Geniune AC 6 cylinder Cobra, Lancia Delta and Stratos, a really rare Aston Martin, a 300 SLR Gullwing to name a few, so the rarer the better.

Dunno who organises it tho...but it seems to attract a good turnout each year and a lot of clubs organise a cruise there and back.

Anyone in Briso want to hook up and make the journey southward?

Alan, if you need to meet up for directions or to travel together, let me know and we can organise something, but bridge listings in a refidex/ubd will be a dead giveaway.

Cheers

Chipper

Fellow Frogger!
    more info....

Organised by the "Marque Sports car Club" which is comprised by about 21 different car clubs and Triumph organises part of it as well (dunno which bit).

If it rains, the show goes to a shopping centre car park as well.

Chipper

jr
    even more info, if it rains it will be held at the sunnybank shopping town shopping centre.. corner compton rd. and pinelands rd. calamvale. i was to go as i have been the last 12 years however unfortun. this year i have to dip out. friend from uk visiting wants to go noosa surfing/ double island point so its 4x4 time i guess!!!

------------------

Fellow Frogger!
    jr,

I was looking forward to seeing your 205 !!!

maybe next time....

Chipper

jr
    chipper, maybe the french car day in july eh? ...thats if i haven't sold it by then.. i'm thinking about it..a clio 172 sounds nice!! thats if they stop stuffing me around. bloody nissan dealers!!

------------------

Fellow Frogger!
    For sure jr, I will be attending the show (how much and how would I enter my Pug?)in July, so I hope you still have it !!

Mind you, nothing like a new car, and a Clio 172 would fit that bill nicely (have to have a look at that one too if you can wrestle one offa Nissan dealer)

Dont suppose you are gonna throw your 16" rims at the series 2, freeing up a set of speedline 15 inchers for me

Cheers mate

Chipper

Thread Information