Peugeot 505 SR Wagon
  • Help
    Tadpole

Peugeot 505 SR Wagon

I live in Murwillumbah NSW (close to tweed heads) I need to locate a peugeot mechanic.
    I have a carbie problem ,keeps stalling at the lights or if I break hard, also when I go to take off with very light touch to the accelerator pedal. Some have suggested fuel pump problem.Can anyone help . Thank you

------------------

Advertisement

had similar problem with our 91 505 wagon. found the air intafe pipe from the engine to the air cleaner had a crack in it. Actually fount it by accident when I lent on the pipe when the engine was running and the engine ran rough and stopped.Fuel injected motor GTI.

How well is the car idling Dinabandhu?

There can be a variety of causes for this sort of problem, and while carburtettors and fuel pumps are possibilities it may be something as simple as dirty ignition points, a defective sparkplug, or even a loose or dirty spark plug lead connector.

Another very distinct (probably the most likely) possibility is a loose or cracked vacuum line.

I'd be exploring these possibiulities before having work done on the fuel pump etc.

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 4008 2016Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, (deadish), - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 406 ST 1997, 307 XSE, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Thread Information