504 sales brochures wanted
  • Help

504 sales brochures wanted

i'm after the sales brochures used by the dealers to advertise the cars when new.

Advertisement

I've got one which I want to keep, but I've scanned it onto my hard drive if you want a copy. I also have one on my hard drive for the 1991 british 504 pick up.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Andreas:
    i'm after the sales brochures used by the dealers to advertise the cars when new.
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Andreas there is a general sort of one on aussiefrogs download area, here:
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/Sales_bro...ange/index.htm
    It's a British beasty...

Dave, if you want you can put your brochure on the web in the download area:;

Tadpole
    I know that they still produce 504 cars in Africa. I'm considering getting one, but am a bit afraid of the stiff regulations here in NSW. I'm not sure whether the parts in the car will be compatible with the locally sold Puegeot cars. Can I get parts brought across by Peugeot dealers in Sydney? Any advise will be appreciated.

Regards,

Kishan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by davemcbean:
    I've got one which I want to keep, but I've scanned it onto my hard drive if you want a copy. I also have one on my hard drive for the 1991 british 504 pick up.

You should be able to get most or all of the parts you need, in Australia, for a new African 504. The main differences between the 504s they make in Nigeria and the Australian 504s are that the new 504s have:

1. a live rear axle instead of an independent one.
    2. rear drum brakes instead of discs
    3. rubber/plastic bumper bars instead of stainless steel
    4. a different dashboard
    5. different seats and trim
    6. they may have a different carburettor
    7. BA7 5 speed gearbox instead of 4 speed
    8. they may not have the side intrusion bars which Australian 504s have

The only parts not available here are the dashboard and trim, but even those could probably be specially ordered.

Registering it in NSW might be difficult. You will have to do an emissions test which I've heard costs about $2500. Up until recently you could have bought a late 80s unleaded 505 SLI engine and put it in the car, to pass the rules without paying for an emissions test, but now they've changed the rules so that the engine has to pass the stricter 1997 emissions standard. There were no 504/505 engines sold in Australia after about 1993, and no 2 litre ones after about 1989.

You may also have to fit side intrusion bars and maybe stronger seat belt mounts (I'm not sure what the Nigerian 504s have).

Roly Pym in Sydney would now what's required because he has imported cars before.

NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Roland Pym, in Dural, in the north west of Sydney, has imported many Peugeots and has experience with getting 504 pick-ups (utes) past NSW regulations. He also has alot of imported parts. He has a Peugeot parts import business called RPV Australia. I think his email address is:
    rpvaustralia@bigpond.com.au

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ksilva:
    I know that they still produce 504 cars in Africa. I'm considering getting one, but am a bit afraid of the stiff regulations here in NSW. I'm not sure whether the parts in the car will be compatible with the locally sold Puegeot cars. Can I get parts brought across by Peugeot dealers in Sydney? Any advise will be appreciated.

Regards,

Kishan

NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C

Thread Information