Bottas to compete in a WRC Citroen DS3 in Artic Lapland Rally in January
  • Help

Default Bottas to compete in a WRC Citroen DS3 in Artic Lapland Rally in January

Valtteri Bottas is doing the Arctic Lapland rally again this year. This time in a Citroen DS 3 WRC car.

He competed in the same rally last year when he placed 5th in a M-Sports WRC Ford, which was his first rally.

Edit:- Kalle Rovanpera will compete in the same rally in a current Toyota WRC car.

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

The car Bottas is driving is older WRC Citroen from 2016. He lost his backers from last year for the rally. He was able arrange this car for less Euros than what a current Ford would have cost. Economics ruling the day.

The start

Every day is a good day

The 19 year old Kalle Rovanpera in a shakedown for the Arctic Tunturi Rally, getting familiar with a WRC car for the first time. This rally should be a good shakedown for him for the Rally of Sweden

Every day is a good day

The Comeback Kid

If Bottas can master WRC, he will have earned a right to feel very smug indeed, given the fate of predecessors in such an endeavor.

For no good reason at all, since none of these drivers is my mate , I so hope Rovanpera nails it from the outset.

Rovanpera won the rally.

Bottas had a difficult start hit a tree on Friday. He recovered to finish 9th. This is his 3rd rally. Last year he finished this one in 5th place in a then current WRC car. He won a bitumen rally in French last December in this 1996 WRC Citroen C3 he used here.

It's a tough gig to win the F1 title and the WRC, it hasn't been done to date. Don't be surprised if you see Kimi back in WRC after he and Alfa part company. He hasn't given up on WRC yet. The huge challenge for F1 drivers is getting used to driving by notes, it's another complete skill set
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information