XM hydraulics

OLS

Tadpole
HI i have a problem with hydraulic system in my xm 2.0 c.t 1995 , the car wont rise normaly , it takes for about a half an hour to rise to normal level after that everything works normal but when i leave the car they sink over the night and same problem tomorrow i changed the hydraulic pump but nothing help ???

My Guess is:

The feed line to the pump (reseviour to pump) is cracked, or doesn't have hose clamps allowing to leak air.... So it takes considerable time for the pump to self prime.

You have height corrector linkage problems, or the regulator is venting the pressure without allowing it to build.

seeya,
Shane L.

I changed the pipe that leads from reservoir to pump and put on a new hose clamps , but still the same when i put a car on the lowest position it pumps out all oil from the system to the reservoir and then it needs long period of time to rise to normal even the steering wheel is hard but when i pull it in one site the pump makes strange noises like it pumps oil mixed with air and afte some time wheel starts to go soft and car rises

Did you prime and bleed the regulator/pump circuit after replacing the hose ?

This involves filling as much of the hose as possible with oil before making the final connection, and then running the engine for a few minutes with the regulator bleed screw OPEN to allow any air to return to the tank before closing the regulator bleed screw...

Regards,
Simon

i filled the hose completly and also filled the pump manually spining slowly the belt wheel with my hand until it started to bleed oil at the other side

Is one of the return lines (ie: the big one from the regulator) constantly gushing large amounts of fluid back to the reseviour at all times ??

Maybe the regulator is sticking and constantly returning the fluid to the reseviour.

seeya,
Shane L.

i changed everything from reservoir to pump and still nothing i dont know what the else can i do i have never mess anything with height regulator i even dont know where is located , with my older models of xm and cx never had such a problem , defenetly is problem for pump to make a preasure in the start because everything works fine when car is rised