Xantia Longetivity ??

DoubleChevron

Real cars have hydraulics
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Hi Guys,

check this one out:

ebay xantia

So much for unreliable Citroens, it still looks near new in the piccies...

e5_1_b.JPG

seeya,
Shane L.

wowowowow - not bad at all!

The Xantia is one reliable car, apparently Citroen had Mazda or another Jap manufacturer look through it, before releasing it.

Isn't there any truth to this? or just a rumour?

Wow thats amazing!

Im seriously considering a Xantia, just such good value for money IMO considering what you get features wise certainly alot cheaper than the 306's which i have been trying to find :(

I might be joining the Sicktron...I meant Citroen marque! :joker:

Stalled

apparently Citroen had Mazda or another Jap manufacturer look through it, before releasing it.

Isn't there any truth to this? or just a rumour?

Is this above statement true? I dont think this would be possible really? Id love a Xantia.

danielsydney said:
Is this above statement true? I dont think this would be possible really? Id love a Xantia.

Can't remember the details but I know Porsche had Toyote go over their whole operation(?) a few years back, so anything's possible.

danielsydney said:

I remember reading it somewhere on this forum, not sure if it was Mazda tho...

Uga Boga said:
I remember reading it somewhere on this forum, not sure if it was Mazda tho...

...and guess who wrote that :)

I have it in a magazine at home.

It WAS Mazda. Around the time that Mazda had the 323 Astina with the pop up lights.

They looked at areas like the dashboard design. I remember reading it in Wheels etc.

Just to make you all sick!!!!

Just bought a loverly 1995 Xantia for £20 thats twenty pounds!!!!, idiots, I mean english don't like Citroen and so they are for nothing!!! Bought from a main dealer, was a part exchange, test until next April, want £75 for it!!!! Has stereo controls on the steering wheel ect ect ect remote central locking!

BUT--------

Ride is very bouncy, please could someone help me and tell me what it could be. It's like a citroen BX at full height! The car's suspension goes up ok!?!
Thanks in advance!!!

dialup_2001 said:
Just bought a loverly 1995 Xantia for £20 thats twenty pounds!!!!, idiots, I mean english don't like Citroen and so they are for nothing!!! Bought from a main dealer, was a part exchange, test until next April, want £75 for it!!!! Has stereo controls on the steering wheel ect ect ect remote central locking!

BUT--------

Ride is very bouncy, please could someone help me and tell me what it could be. It's like a citroen BX at full height! The car's suspension goes up ok!?!
Thanks in advance!!!

Replace ALL of it's spheres and I suggest and LHM change while your there.

seeya,
Shane L.

Does that mean 20 pounds for the car and 200 pounds for the spheres ?? :joker: :cheers:

petermelb said:
Does that mean 20 pounds for the car and 200 pounds for the spheres ?? :joker: :cheers:

I think you'll find there 18quid each from andyspares ... So if it's Activa ... yeah almost 200quid :roflmao: :roflmao:

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron said:
I think you'll find there 18quid each from andyspares ... So if it's Activa ... yeah almost 200quid :roflmao: :roflmao:

seeya,
Shane L.

So that means the value of the car will increase by 1000% Talk about APreciation!

STALLED said:
Im seriously considering a Xantia, just such good value for money IMO considering what you get features wise

Best car I've ever bought - they're a treat to drive, and generally quite well appointed. And so far everything I've read about excellent reliability and build quality has been quite true. Fingers crossed... ;)