WTD. Wheel stud security adaptor for C5 Series1

atlantean

Tadpole
Misplaced my adaptor - probably put it in a safe place so I wouldn't lose it . Want to do front pads and change wheels - I have a few standard studs to change over immediately just need to beg,borrow or buy the said adaptor. I'm currently in the inner west

They are like keys and are coded for your car. You may find getting a match quite difficult.

I didn't even collect mine when the car was new. Standard bolts were fitted.

Misplaced my adaptor - probably put it in a safe place so I wouldn't lose it . Want to do front pads and change wheels - I have a few standard studs to change over immediately just need to beg,borrow or buy the said adaptor. I'm currently in the inner west

Or get a dremel and a carbide burr and start dremelin'.

What does the adaptor look like?

There are threads on this !@#$% problem. The dremel won't get far and you must not shear the bolt, which it is designed to do if forced. The key blips in the tool are spaced with very many variations. The matching bolt head is deeply recessed in the wheel. I have said this before - they were designed by Satan.
bolts.jpg

Just threw 2 sets out in the garage clean-up.

Check under your spare wheel hopefully just rolling around or in the under seat draws.

i seem to recall that the part number or code for the ,thing is in the owners hand book ,if you were to post that number you may get lucky ,and someone close by has one or ring around the wreckers ,mine had a number or code written on it when i threw it in the bin ,replaced by a set of ordinary bolts from the wreckers ,