WTD parts for r4 for restoration of early model

I have an R4 engine crated up in my shed. I got it years ago when I was planning to get an R4 for restoration. I should have been in the military, I’m always ”gunna” Do things. if the engine interests you get back to me.

Yes I’m interested, how much do you want for it, possible to get it freighted and what condition and cc ? Short or long engine? Thanks Matt

Thanks Andrew, I am definitely interested, don’t know what size I will need yet. I am currently pulling down my 745 cc engine which is in a pretty bad shape, seized from sitting for who knows how many years. Also looking into getting hold of Jumbo’ engine , again unknown. Thanks Matt

Thanks Andrew, I am definitely interested, don’t know what size I will need yet. I am currently pulling down my 745 cc engine which is in a pretty bad shape, seized from sitting for who knows how many years. Also looking into getting hold of Jumbo’ engine , again unknown. Thanks Matt
My pistons and liners are 848 cc size

They should fit straight in, you just need to make sure that the liner seals are appropriate to the particular liner - they changed later to a different base profile which doesn't work with the copper base seals. Easier to get the right seals than to reprofile the base

Andrew

Okay, thanks Andrew, that sounds great. Will I need a 848cc cylinder head or be able to use the one I have . Pm me to discuss pricing and postage. Thanks Matt

Okay, thanks Andrew, that sounds great. Will I need a 848cc cylinder head or be able to use the one I have . Pm me to discuss pricing and postage. Thanks Matt
I was given an R4 head recently. Looks usable but hardly mint. Yours for postage from Perth.

I have brand new piston/ liners 745cc rebuilt cly head, all new bearings, water pump as new crank and cam. Door, front guards, wheels and stuff. Cheers, Greg

Sounds great thanks Greg, I am interested in most of what I can get hold of as I have two R4s in paddock condition. I’m in NSW and am planning a road trip to Qld soonish. What other stuff have you? I will take everything as a job lot. Cheers Matt

Wanted parts for r4
Hi Matt,
I have these N.O.S. parts at least, maybe more: 1x LH Trunnion 8238811 (front suspension)
1x camshaft timing gear 5554722
1x wheel cyl kit 7701 201 353
6x front w/cyl cups 7701 200 670

$75 the lot plus postage.

Okay, sounds good Chris, I will take the lot. Pm me with your payment details.
Thanks Matt

Thanks Matt
Hi Matt, details as follows: C&K Hartwell BSB:
Account:
Allow say $12 freight, don't forget to send me your address.
Regards Chris Hartwell.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt
Hi Matt,
If you are interested, I have located : 2x rear axle seals N.O.S.
1x SEV rotor arm N.O.S.
1X Battery hold down bracket, ready to fit, with new springs and replated arms. Not sure if these arms are the correct length for an R4. $35 with your other parts if you want them.
Regards Chris Hartwell.

Hi Chris, it’s not a good idea to post your bank details in public. It is probably too late but can you edit it out?
Definitely don’t put your address!
Cheers 😉

Hi Matt,
If you are interested, I have located : 2x rear axle seals N.O.S.
1x SEV rotor arm N.O.S.
1X Battery hold down bracket, ready to fit, with new springs and replated arms. Not sure if these arms are the correct length for an R4. $35 with your other parts if you want them.
Regards Chris Hartwell.
'p[
Hi Chris, it’s not a good idea to post your bank details in public. It is probably too late but can you edit it out?
Definitely don’t put your address!
Cheers 😉
ok, thanks.

Sounds great thanks Greg, I am interested in most of what I can get hold of as I have two R4s in paddock condition. I’m in NSW and am planning a road trip to Qld soonish. What other stuff have you? I will take everything as a job lot. Cheers Matt
No worries
Sounds great thanks Greg, I am interested in most of what I can get hold of as I have two R4s in paddock condition. I’m in NSW and am planning a road trip to woombaQld soonish. What other stuff have you? I will take everything as a job lot. Cheers Matt
Hi Matt, Now worries mate, I will start putting stuff aside for you, got stuff to collect from Toowoomba also, I live in Gympie so give me some advance warning mate. No hurry. Cheers, Greg

Hi Greg, thanks for your reply. I am thinking sometime in September of coming to Qld, Covid-19 permitting, the way we’re going here in NSW I won’t be allowed to to go to the kitchen for a cuppa soon. Matt

No worries

Hi Matt, Now worries mate, I will start putting stuff aside for you, got stuff to collect from Toowoomba also, I live in Gympie so give me some advance warning mate. No hurry. Cheers, Greg
Hi Greg , messages are not coming through. Try here?