WTD Front brake drums for Renault Dauphine or Floride 1960

St. Kilda Kevin

Tadpole
Hi, I need the front brake drums for a Floride or Dauphine 1960 that are able to be machined within tolerance. I am in St. Kilda, Melbourne. Please reply if you can help, thank you & rgds Kevin

You realize when you get these drums machined that the new brake linings need to be cam ground to match the new drum diameter.
If using standard riveted linings these need to be shimmed out the amount of material removed from the drums. Bonded linings to suit new drum diameter is recommended.
An exaggerated view if using std linings in machined drum.

Attachments

• brakelinings_zps08bf74e1.jpg
    brakelinings_zps08bf74e1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 90
Yep, The centre will wear down to the rivets in no time if they aren't of matching diameter, don't ask me how I know.

Yep, The centre will wear down to the rivets in no time if they aren't of matching diameter, don't ask me how I know.
Exactly.
But more importantly the brakes will be extremely inefficient & erratic, as only the centre is contacting during that wear down, which depending on lining hardness can take quite a lot of K's.

This contact pattern & engagement may be different on each drum.

For brakes to be good, brake lining material must all be from the same batch, the correct length & width.
Then when adjusted be a concentric circle with the brake drum & hub.

I believe in 1962 at least, the Dauphine Gordini had wider shoes of the same diameter, so possibly have a drum that is a little deeper also. Given the Floride and Dauphine G share the same driveline, perhaps they also share the same brakes. I don’t have a Floride parts book to check.

I have original part linings that need to be riveted to brake shoes
Probably have a couple of drums too?