Wtb DS 19 clock

Hah! very funny. Check out the ashtray a DS19 has .... Do you like the ashtray?

Bild%20028.jpg

Graham, you can stand in the corner for the rest of the day, another outburst like that and you'll be stripped of your elbow patches :clown: :nownow:

Seems there might be a few variations around '56 - '60, a pretty rare beast good luck with your search Andy :wink2:

pendule.jpg

les tableaux de bord de DS

Cheers
Chris

It's for early Slough DS19 isn't it? A picture of what is required might help turn one up.
Wouldn't it be a small rectangular clock set into the dash, just left of the main instrument cluster?
Do you have nothing there or just trying to find one that works?

ImageUploadedByaussiefrogs1444109885.070315.jpg
Thanks David .... Yes it's an early Slough build - missing clock completely- apparently same clock was used in some Tractions?

thanks Chris i'll check them out.....40euro post no doubt cheers

Similar (if not the same) clocks were fitted up to 1969, you should get lucky here in Aus.

Cheers
Chris

I think that's the wrong clock if you look at some other images of early Slough DS19s. I'm no expert on early D, but Slough cars had many minor differences to give UK content to keep the Empire happy!

The car that dogboy had ex-donat/Pass/NZ I think had the correct item, but I don't have a good picture of it. You want one of the early Slough DS19 owners to post a picture so you can find the right item. Is it British Jaeger???

!B4zrLKg!mk~$(KGrHqQOKk!EyQPUOfyQBMrOu8R1pg~~_12.jpg

I think that's the wrong clock if you look at some other images of early Slough DS19s. I'm no expert on early D, but Slough cars had many minor differences to give UK content to keep the Empire happy!

The car that dogboy had ex-donat/Pass/NZ I think had the correct item, but I don't have a good picture of it. You want one of the early Slough DS19 owners to post a picture so you can find the right item. Is it British Jaeger???

View attachment 75312

This is a pic of Buttercup Bob's '57 DS19

buttercup%204.jpg

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• 1957_citroen_ds_19 Clock detail.jpg
    1957_citroen_ds_19 Clock detail.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 575
The picture of early Slough cars I have show two knobs and an apparently more ornate surround.
I have an old spare of the style in Buttercup if that's what's wanted. It's a French Jaeger clock, will need renovation and I've no idea if it would work, but would fill a void. Yours for the cost of postage if you can't locate a better or more suitable example.

The picture of early Slough cars I have show two knobs and an apparently more ornate surround.
I have an old spare of the style in Buttercup if that's what's wanted. It's a French Jaeger clock, will need renovation and I've no idea if it would work, but would fill a void. Yours for the cost of postage if you can't locate a better or more suitable example.

This is Roger's 'LHS2' before restoration, it appears to have two knobs. . . He should be able to provide better pics and detail.

41777d1365853788-ds19-1957-restoration-ds19dashbrisbane.jpg

Cheers
Chris

PM sent thanks David....French clock will fill void nicely until i can find UK one cheers

The clock in my 1959 Slough DS19 is the same as the one in Chris's picture of the other Roger's car.

Roger

Thanks Roger :wink2:
Does your clock have two knobs as David has alluded? What make, I can't say I've ever noticed or seen that variation. . .

Cheers
Chris

It's a Jaeger. Bottom left is a screwdriver slot to adjust fast and slow. Bottom right is a knob to adjust displayed time.

Roger