WTB 306 S16 alternator

Easty

Fellow Frogger
Chasing an alternator as mine has decided to give up the ghost, hopefully someone on here has one!

Thanks in advance!

Get yours reconditioned if you can? Should only take a day and a couple hundred if that?

Where do you find a good auto sparky that will recondition anything. I went to an old school guy up the road and 1st thing he did was open a Valeo catalogue and rub his hands together

Bearings and bushes FFS not $$$ replacement.

I'm sure they are still about but obviously need to hunt them down😖

I’ve been on the hunt to get it reco’d, no one wants to touch it. The reg is a sealed unit so I can’t get it open to change the brushes. Anyone have any leads on anyone who might be able supply a new reg?

What brand is the alternator, post a pic and put the model number of the alternator and also the regulator. Then we be able to help track down some spare parts.

Mine is a Mitsubishi... 120 amp...
Good alternators...

Cheers

Dino

It’s a 120amp Mitsubishi, part number has rubbed off the sticker though.

Attachments

• EAD1F368-2187-42DC-957E-8F0E97F38104.jpeg
    EAD1F368-2187-42DC-957E-8F0E97F38104.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 114
Not near you... but south land electrics should be able to take care of it... they are right next to
Europarts...

Screenshot_20210211-214025_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210211-214037_Chrome.jpg

They are exy... but part of tri star so should be high quality... know dad and son... business driven...

Cheers

Dino

Thanks Dino, I’ll give them a call tomorrow. I know exactly where they are

Looks like you have got it apart and the brushes are worn out.

What do the slip rings look like? Is there a groove where the brushes touch the slip ring?

Can't really see but is there a cover that comes off opposite the brushes so that you can get access to the solder joints.

You can buy brushes for about $5, the outer bearing for $25, and the inner slip bearing for $25. I refurbished mine this year. It was a Mitsubishi from an s16. All you’ll really need is a soldering gun and maybe a rattle gun (although I managed without) to get the pulley nut off to change the larger bearing. It took me about half a day, and I had no prior knowledge apart from watching that video listed above. Yes, it was a challenge getting the slip bearing, but I found a place in WA. I could probably find the invoice if you wanted it.

Reactions: COL
How do you upload images in this forum. It always says things are too large, even when they have been compressed?
You need to make sure that the files are under the site limits, which are not very big.

Another way is to use the "insert image" icon or use "Ctrl P"

I successfully rebuilt a Mitsubishi today, as per the video above, thanks Mingus. I did use a smaller soldering iron however , lol. I used parts from Ashdown-Ingram, but you could probably get them elsewhere once you know the part numbers.

Front bearing - NSK B17-116DG - Ashdown-Ingram BEX0007
Slip Bearing - B10-27T12DD - Ashdown-Ingram BEX6106
Brushes - Ashdown-Ingram BRX70383 (pack of 10)

Approx. $100 all up. I doubt I'll ever use all those brushes. Let me know if you need a pair.

I successfully rebuilt a Mitsubishi today, as per the video above, thanks Mingus. I did use a smaller soldering iron however , lol. I used parts from Ashdown-Ingram, but you could probably get them elsewhere once you know the part numbers.

Front bearing - NSK B17-116DG - Ashdown-Ingram BEX0007
Slip Bearing - B10-27T12DD - Ashdown-Ingram BEX6106
Brushes - Ashdown-Ingram BRX70383 (pack of 10)

Approx. $100 all up. I doubt I'll ever use all those brushes. Let me know if you need a pair.
Yep, give it crack - it's not too hard. Mine is working a treat. Gives 13.8 volts when running as it should.