WRC 2021 - Artic Rally results

FIVEDOOR

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
The Artic Rally in Northern Finland replaced the Swedish Rally this year. No shortage of snow this year. The score board is as follows

1/ Tanak - Hyundai
2/ Rovanpoera - Toyota
3/ Neuville - Hyundai
4/ Breen - Huyndai
5/ Evans - Toyota
6/ Katsuta - Toyota
7/ Solberg - Huyndai
8/ Suninen - Ford

This result places Kalle Rovanpera at the lead in the drivers title. The Drivers Championship leaders are:-

1/ Rovanpera 39 points
2/ Neuville 35
3/ Ogier 31
4/ Evans 31
5/ Tanak 27
6/ Breen 16
7/ Katsuta 16
8/ Sordo 11

Lappi for lost his Ford drive at the end of last year drover WRC2 Skoda Fabia into 10th place and won the WRC2 class.

Final power stage

The interesting thing about the high snow banks is that sometimes you can lean on them to help you keep speed up through turns, but if you lean on them just a little too hard... well, you will see what happens

19 year old Oliver Solberg (Petter's son) was told to just go out and enjoy himself in his first rally in a works Hyundai. He did just that to finish in 7th place having at one stage been as high as 5th! Another young driver to look out for!

yup and a 20 year old leading the title chase, I know it's early in the season and its a long way to go, but both show promise.

Too true, I am little peewed by the fact that my father wasn't a WRC veteran with money to burn :rolllaugh: :evil: , but good on them. Young Rovanpera has bee going sideways since he was at least 8 years old

Good grief - how did he each the pedals? Was he tall for his age?