Wiper motor gear

I did watch the video too, because I was curious what the steel shaft looked like. Doesn't look like a major job to me, but I can imagine for instance the lady I bought the car from giving up and taking the car to the dealer (or selling it).

Thanks schlitzaugen, yeah ill keep you up to date with how it goes.
Regarding the difficulty to change the gear, i made a little youtube video to show people how i did it because it does seem a bit daunting. The link is in the ebay item description too

Yeah i understand your predicament about machining new gears each time, it does make it hard to make it worthwhile.

I went with a high strength nylon with a sls machine, its pretty much the best 3D print you can get in australia so if it doesnt do the job im not sure what will.
Maybe after a year of having the gear in service ill pull it out, take some photos of it and post here. Im keen to see how it wears, when i looked after 6 months it looked fine.
I'd be very keen to buy one from you. Hubby's Koelos has the same issue. Have been told the replacement motor runs at $1500 and would need to come up from Melbourne as the Renault parts warehouses in Brisbane and Sydney have both gone under with the floods. Getting pretty desperate as it's a little wet here at the moment and I'm having to Uber him everywhere as his wipers don't work! Couldn't find the listing on eBay nor did I see the link in the comments of the youtube video - would you mind posting the link? Thanks!

Old school:
No wipers - cut a spud in 1/2 & smear the cut portion over the whole windshield. Rain water will spead in a clear sheet.
Sometimes better than using wipers.
Used on WW2 Jeeps & many old cars successfully.

Used that site for years. Nothing bad to say except delivery times of some suppliers. And clothing sizes like for example overalls etc go up about 3 so m is xxl. JG

Last edited: